By: Nicol Maciejewska
Mastering the art of thrifting can take some time because when you first enter a thrift store it can seem overwhelming. Here's a couple tricks that can help you find items you can only dream of.
1) Dig through everything and make sure to thorough (You can over look the thing you're looking for so easily).
2) Feel the fabric! Make sure it's not itchy.
3) Check for any damage, (Stains, holes, or corset wire sticking out) if the damage is fixable haggle the store for a lower price because every cent counts.
4) Don't be afraid to check out the mens or kids section, in fact I encourage it.
5) Don't overlook the belts, shoes, bags, and jewelry! People always forget to check these sections.
6) Ask the workers/sellers what's on sale.
7) Never go in looking for something in particular because chances are you won't leave satisfied.
8) Look for designer items, If you don't know designers you can usually tell by the stitching on the tag or just google the name.
9) Know your designers!
10) Hope for vintage band tees.
11) Also, hope for vintage button fly 501 Levi's jeans.